Saturday, May 2, 2009

My Thanks

I was released from the hospital around 11:30pm on Friday, April 3, 2009. Thankful to be out of the hospital and in relatively good health, I posted the following bulletin on my Facebook page:


I just wanted to thank you all for your concern, love and support in regards to my pregnancy and childbirth. I am amazed that I'm still here after all that happened. In a nutshell:

~20 hours of labor.

~The first epidural took 4 tries until there was success. I was sobbing, the pain from his fishing around my spine was so intense. Miraculously, I was able to sit still through the entire thing.

~The second anesthesiologist’s epidural was much less painful.

~The third injection into the epidural IV was like all the others... good for almost 2 hours before I felt everything all over again.

~I had the most wonderful support group in the world and I wouldn't have made it without them. Thank you Meridee, Jessica, Terri & Laura!!

~I gave birth to the most beautiful boy in the world, weighing in at 10 pounds 9 ounces and 22 inches long. He was two weeks early. His name is Grant and I will love him forever.



~The doctor was so concerned about my injuries (due to the fact that I delivered vaginally) that she called in another, more experienced doctor. He, too, was extremely concerned for me. He told me I’d been torn long and deep. They did some incredibly unpleasant procedures (three times) to clean out all the blood clots, then sewed me up. They didn't count the stitches. I felt it all.

~I lost so much blood that I had to receive 2 units of blood via transfusion. I am very weak and pale due to the resulting anemia, but I am doing much better now.

So as you can see, I am serious when I say I am grateful to be alive. Thank goodness for modern medicine, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment